Director of IT - Infrastructure and Operations
You will be interested in this role if you:
- Want to manage Infrastructure (WAN/LAN networking, compute and storage systems (server hardware/software, virtualization, cloud, and data center), voice/video conferencing platforms, desktop engineering and help desk management) for a mid-size, geographically distributed company that has plans for global expansion.
- Are interested in taking the breadth of your experience and joining a growth opportunity where you can make an immediate impact.
- Have people leadership experience and are interested in building and leading a team of 15+ including multiple middle managers.
- Excited about a company that is shifting more towards IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
- Are a leader with a strategic mindset and a clear vision that is also ready to make material individual contributions to the organization on a day to day. You are a technologist at heart.
- Want to work for a company that is excited to invest in exciting new business cases and technologies and is constantly thinking of ways they they can do things better, faster, and safer.
- Enjoy and understand the nuances of working in more formal finance / consulting environments.
- Live in Austin, TX or are open to re-locating here with assistance.
Examples of ongoing IT projects currently ongoing:
- Deploying Box for digital transformation
- Expanding the organization's O365 footprint
- Slack for collaboration
- Zoom for video communication
- Cloud first approach to new investments in infrastructure / apps
- Co-location into low latency data centers.
- Cisco CCM
- Desktop Asset Management (80% Lenovo, 20% Macs, 100% iOS)
Location: Austin, TX