Director of Analytics
You will be interested in this position if you:
- Have a passion for data mining and analytics for large data sets
- Are a people leader and have built and led high performing teams.
- Are interested in building the analytics team, function, tools (dashboard / reporting software) and methodology from the ground up.
- Are passionate about leveraging data to enable critical business decisions.
- Enjoy roles that require a strategic mindset with the ability to roll up your sleeves and dive into details when needed.
- Can quickly gain an understanding for how analytics will drive business value to various organizations internally.
- Have a proven ability to lead a team to focus and prioritize tasks based on business value and impact.
- Understand the "why" and can communicate a business case as well as results to the executive team clearly and concisely
Some of the key challenges faced today:
- Working with marketing to build a mixed media model, understanding conversion rates cross channel and optimize marketing spend.
- Analyzing offline/online customer behavior and journey and building a multi-touch attribution model
- Working with Operations / Supply chain to understand end to end product journey to better predict operational hot spots to put proactive plans in place. Visualization of predictive analytics.
Though experience with languages like SQL, R, Python is a "nice to have", it is not required. What is required is the ability to lead a team of highly technical analysts and data scientists coupled with the ability to dig into details when needed. This is a business strategy/leadership role as much as, if not more than it is a technical role. Your ability to communicate clearly and articulate the analytics vision to your team and to the leadership team as a whole is what will truly set you apart.