Cloud DevOps Engineer
We are currently supporting a successful global company in the Finance / Investment Technology space who is looking to hire a Cloud DevOps Engineer. You will work in a greenfield environment and have the chance to help shape their overall cloud security strategy.
The successful candidate will be a DevOps specialist with extensive hands on experience deploying and managing applications on public cloud platforms. The role will be focused on working with developers, application owners, vendors, and data engineers to build DevOps pipelines for deploying and managing applications in the cloud. This is a unique opportunity to deliver significant value and drive technical direction for cloud based infrastructure at the firm. A focus on security is required.
The right candidate will have deep experience automating the build and management of cloud infrastructure on AWS or Google using native tools, open source tools, and third party products.
The candidate will have experience developing production ready code, in one or more languages, that must include Python. They should also be familiar with developing unit and functional tests, and have experience with continuous integration as it applies to infrastructure as code.
- Working with application developers and owners to understand requirements
- Developing automated deployment and monitoring of cloud infrastructure and applications
- Designing CI/CD pipelines to include application and security testing, and gates
- Implementation of availability, security, and performance monitoring and alerting
- Automating data resiliency and replication based on policies
- Management and operation of environments
- Automating systems configuration and orchestration using tools, such as Chef, Ansible, or Salt
- Automated creation of machine images and Containers
- Significant experience designing and supporting production cloud environments
- Strong coding skills, both functional and OOP, in one or more languages, to include python
- Familiar with monitoring applications using cloud native, open source, and 3rd party tools
- Experienced developing collaboratively, including infrastructure as code
- Cloud templating and automation tools for deploying and managing infrastructure
- Experienced with building CI/CD pipelines preferably with cloud native tools
- Deep experience with public cloud identity and access management
- Experience with key and certificate management
- Deep knowledge of cloud platform APIs and automation
- Degree preferred in a STEM or related field