Federal Civil Project Manager
Gideon USA is seeking a working/traveling FEDERAL CIVIL PROJECT MANAGER based anywhere in the US. The project manager must be willing to travel 90% of the time with many projects taking place near the South / Border. You will coordinate activities to ensure project execution is ahead of schedule, under budget, with the highest quality, and no lost time while building subcontractor relationships.
The project manager leads the day to day operations at the job site, maintains project schedules and works with inspectors and officials. The project manager will be actively involved in the project from initial stages through punch out; including but not limited to plan review, completing scope sheets, managing subcontractors for the correct implementation of contract and plans, scheduling inspections, punch out.
- Put together a competitive, reliable estimate – do takeoffs, contact subs, of work, must know trades
- Participate in buying out of contracts for subcontractors
- Develop project schedule, update monthly, and work with project team to execute
- Initiate submittals and work with QC to develop procedure and pace
- Create Schedule of Values and update monthly
- Submit project cash flow sheet with 2 months look ahead for each project
- Manage project budgets stay on budget throughout the project
- Create and track RFI’s and change orders
- Schedule and conduct status meetings with government
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial working relationship with government counterparts
- Coordinate generation and review of monthly pay applications with team
- Liaison between government and company for contractual issues
- Keep company principals appraised of project status and outstanding issues
- Establish plan of action and solution before escalation to upper management
- Manage difficult customers, push the project forward while maintaining customer favor. Negotiate and communicate effectively in difficult situations.
- Establish Plan B scenarios quickly when necessary. Think outside of the box in order to get the job done.
Team Lead Expectations:
- Develop rapport and trust with team members
- Be an example to the team through hard work, enthusiasm, honesty
- Have weekly 1x1 meetings with team members
- Develop project team, mentor junior team members
- Manage team staffing, vacation, personal time away
- Guide project team through potentially challenging situations step by step
- Learn to work with difficult people such as unreasonable inspectors and unresponsive subcontractors.
- Establish and push a fast job site pace during the first phases of a project while following the many restrictions and regulations on a military base.
- Maintain schedule while coordinating various activities and meetings with QC and safety, which all time up time.
- Develop a positive teamwork atmosphere at the job trailer with the team and anyone who enters the site.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- 5+ years of Project Management experience with projects of $5 million +
- Demonstrated and proven ability to direct work and manage subcontractors, suppliers etc.
- Must have federal contracting/federal construction experience
- Ability to travel 90>#/em###
- Must be able to pass a Federal Background Check
Intelligence, Energy, Enthusiasm, Tenacity, Team Player, Initiative, Stress management, Conflict management, Customer focus, Organization/Planning, Communication skills, Assertiveness.