Solutions Consultant / Architect
Our client is an exciting fast growth company in the Education Technology / EdTech space that is expanding rapidly and investing aggressively to grow their sales team by hiring a Solutions Consultant to advance technical sales opportunities with both current customers and new prospects. The ideal candidate will be a Senior Engineer / Architect / Engineering Manager with a deep understanding of software systems architecture and data integration / data interoperability challenges that is interested in bridging the gap between customers and engineering in a customer facing role.
- Explore and understand complex customer requirements on both a business and technical level
- Lead technical sales meetings and whiteboard sessions with prospects and customers, taking our ability to help them from theoretical to concrete and actionable
- Adapt to customer needs during technical meetings and whiteboard sessions while staying within the parameters of the company solutions
- Be accountable for converting received qualified leads into closable sales through a consultative, technical sales process
- Establish credibility immediately and develop and maintain relationships with prospects and customers
- Based on meetings with prospects/customers, represent the prospects/customers problem well enough to stand-in for the prospect/customer internally, understand the solution options well enough to contribute technical content and estimates to proposals
- Contribute to sales strategy and playbook
- Provide accurate feedback on probability of close based on technical sales meetings for sales forecasting
- Travel up to 60%
- Experience as a Senior Engineer / Architect / Engineering Manager building enterprise software solutions (Data Integration, Data Quality, MDM, B2B, Business Intelligence, Cloud, ESB, Databases
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of complex software systems and how they are architected, understand the challenges, whiteboard the possibilities and develop solutions / proposals.
- Ability to build influential relationships and deliver results in a cross-functional environment
- Analytical, detail-oriented and able to “zoom” in/out from the big picture to the minutiae
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people, and explain business process concepts to technical people