Director of FP&A
You will be interested in this opportunity if:
- You are well accustomed to owning the corporate financial model. This means you've owned financial modeling in smaller environments where you've owned the whole pie.
- You want to own FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis) which include developing financial and business plans, budgets, short and long term projections, and driving financial analysis from multiple data sets to support key business decisions.
- You are familiar with the e-commerce / CPG (consumer packaged goods) industry. You know the challenges that face high-growth consumer focused e-commerce companies.
- You would like to get in early at a well-funded, hyper growth company with great investors and enjoy getting your hands dirty.
- Would enjoy being the #2 to the CFO
- Growing with a company that is ultimately going to do forecasting for a business with an increasing number of intricacies and complexities . FP&A will grow in complexity as will the team.
- Are an excel guru and would be excited at the potential to assess and leverage enterprise tools like Host Analytics and Adaptive Insights in the near future.
What success looks like in 6 months:
The CFO would like to ask any number of 10 forecasting questions that he typically asks. For example, "Where will the company be on cash burn 6 months from now based on the trajectory of the business"? And through a solid understanding of the financial forecast model you will be able to answer questions and run multi-variate scenarios based on the business and provide an output the CFO can rely on. The CFO would like to have confidence in understanding the company's trajectory that he doesn't have today.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead annual financial budget planning and three-year financial strategic planning processes and ensure they are linked with corporate strategy and overall business goals
- Drive effective monthly and quarterly financial forecasting and reporting process including cash flow forecasting
- Own annual operating plan that is aligned to the strategic objectives
- Drive research and analysis of trends, leading indicators and business statistics; display comprehensive understanding of business model and key drivers
- Provide key analytical and financial decision support for senior executives across all functional areas including the sales and marketing team on pricing initiatives across product lines (
- Facilitate the understanding of key business dynamics including cohort analyses, margin improvement, and related business analyses (acquisition and retention, sales operations, performance and quality metrics).
- Manage various special projects including strategic partnerships, business development opportunities, assessing the company's capital structure, and free cash flows analysis, etc.
- Recruit, develop, motivate, and retain a world class organization of FP&A professionals