Senior DevOps Engineer - Remote
This is a 100% Remote role.
Our client is looking for a senior software engineer with a DevOps orientation to help them continue building out their platform and scale out our API services as they continue to grow.
You are someone who excels at building and managing fault-tolerant auto-scaling services, but you also like wearing a few different hats. You're a strategic thinker when making architectural decisions and you enjoy looking at network calls to understand interactions between systems. You're enthusiastic about new tech, but judicious in using it. You delight in making a difference for millions of people in the world and you care about having a joyful work environment.
- Redis Administration / DevOps and scaling of Redis instances and knowing bottlenecks
- Primarily Python Development but also working with a variety of languages, including Go, and C++
- Sift through logs and find root cause of problems on client and server
- Triage production performance issues on server infrastructure, maintaining high uptime
- Design canonical REST APIs for low latency and high availability
- Optimize data access patterns and look for millisecond optimizations in network round trips
- Collaborate with teammates in refactoring complex systems into simpler subsystems
You may be a fit if you:
- You are interested in a 100% remote position.
- Communicate with empathy
- Remain calm and even-keeled, especially in a storm
- Have effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills to work successfully in a 100% remote team environment
- Enjoy reverse engineering from inputs and outputs of black-box systems
- Pride yourself on strong foundation in computer science, data structures, algorithms and software design
- Are looking for a joyful work environment where you and your teammates look forward to coming to work
- Are humble and intellectually curious