PostgreSQL Consultant - AWS / RDS
We are working with a very exciting early stage company that is building and patenting a cutting edge platform on the Etherium blockchain. The founders of the company are very experienced leaders with startup and large company experience. The team is top class,they have an amazing advisory team, and have also recently raised seed venture funding from a top-tier Silicon Valley VC.
We are looking for a Database Administrator with PostgreSQL expertise that can help take the work we have done internally and prepare us for growth. We want your help ensuring that our databases are ready to meet increasing demand and safely grow with us. This is a short term contract position.
What does success look like?
- You have provided us with analysis and recommendations best use of PostgreSQL on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud for our purposes
- Our PostgreSQL usage can handle server outages and traffic spikes with fault tolerance
- Our PostgreSQL instances have a backup and disaster recovery strategy in place
- The PostgreSQL instances we use are tuned and optimized for our current and near-term usage
- You have educated our technical team to provide clear instruction on how systems have been configured and what is required to operate and maintain them
- There is clear documentation on maintaining and configuring our PostgreSQL systems on an ongoing basis
- You know PostgreSQL inside and out and have experience analyzing and adapting existing systems for optimal use
- You understand how to best utilize cloud environments (such as Amazon Web Services/ RDS) for PostgreSQL usage
- You have references for your PostgreSQL work in nontrivial production use
- Experience with PostgREST a strong plus
We are anticipating this project to be a ~3 month contract position.