AWS Systems Administrator / Security Engineer - Consultant
We are working with a very exciting early stage company that is building and patenting a cutting edge platform on the Etherium blockchain. The founders of the company are very experienced leaders with startup and large company experience. The team is top class,they have an amazing advisory team, and have also recently raised seed venture funding from a top-tier Silicon Valley VC.
We are looking for a System Administrator with Amazon Web Services (AWS) expertise that can help take the work we have done internally and prepare us for growth. We want your help ensuring that our systems and infrastructure are ready to meet increasing demand and safely grow with us. This is a short term contract position.
What does success look like?
- You have assessed our current infrastructure and made recommendations on changes to meet our needs regarding security, scalability, disaster recovery, and good practices for using AWS
- We have redundant, fault-tolerant infrastructure with backups and a plan for scalability and disaster recovery
- Good monitoring/alerting is in place to understand how the infrastructure is being used and to know when there are problems
- You have prepared our technical team to maintain the infrastructure
- You have recommended and implemented provisioning strategies leveraging automation where possible
- Deep experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS: EC2, Lambda, S3, CloudFront, VPC, AutoScaling) including AWS Certifications or similar experience
- Strong system administration experience with Unix systems, especially FreeBSD
- Familiarity with a wide array of applications and tools, such as NGINX, PostgreSQL, OpenResty, Node, Memcached
- Ability to use scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Some experience Salt Stack/Ansible/Chef/Puppet, REST Concepts, and infrastructure automation tools such is preferred
We are anticipating this project to be a ~3 month contract position.