Our client, an early stage, funded, fast growth e-commerce company is hiring their first DevOps Engineer as they scale their infrastructure up to match their growth. This will join a small team of software engineers to lead their Cloud infrastructure development initiatives.
Here are some of the challenges our clients is dealing with over the next 12 months
- We are moving out infrastructure over to AWS. We will be technologies like Docker, ECS, RDS, Route53, and CloudFront.
- We are building out a data pipeline and storage system for a Data Lake. We are doing this in AWS and are leveraging s3, AWS Glue, and AWS Athena.
- We are always working on getting better at CI (continuous integration) and aspire to getting as close to automated deploys as the business and applications allow.
- We have some unique security and data needs being in the medical industry and holding ourselves to high compliance standards.
Requirements / Nice to haves:
- Interested in a startup. Data driven, analytical and committed.
- AWS specific experience
- Experience with containerization (Docker specifically would be great)
- Very comfortable with best practices with security (extremely important for this role as it could invalidate all your work if it is insecure)
- Experience with CI and something like Jenkins
- Experience codifying server deploys and instance config
- Some experience with data pipelines and dealing with real-time and batched data processes