Director of Technology Research and Insights
Our client is building a Technology (Cloud) Research and Insights firm and is looking for Data-driven Director of Research and Insights to build this business from the ground up. The owners of the parent company, who run a successful technology brokerage firm amongst other very successful ventures would be personally investing in this venture so you would have solid financial backing to invest in the tools, technologies, resources, and people to build this business. The parent company also has an engineering leader and a team of developers ready to help build out the technology vision for this startup. This is a great opportunity for someone who’s interested in taking their research experience to a new startup venture without having the pressure of typical VC’s and Board of Directors dictating how things should go.
Do you have an eye for finding data insights? Can you identify cloud trends – such as where Azure threatens AWS? Thoughts on how Alibaba fits in? Can you make predictions on containers and server-less computing? Can you translate that into research content clients will find valuable? We are looking for a data-driven Director of Research and Insights who brings data to life! Though a demonstrated passion for and knowledge of cloud technology would be preferred it is not required. The right person in this job will have a research and data driven approach to quickly get up to speed on cloud technologies while clearly demonstrating a passion for entrepreneurship and building a business.
- Write data-driven research reports; combine our proprietary index data with outside data sets to identify key trends affecting our clients’ businesses
- Collect research requested by clients
- Generate forward-looking analyses and insights about AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Alabama and more, from latest releases to usage information on their existing products
- Create and present client and prospect client presentations to discuss trends you find
- Provide valuable data marketing can use for whitepapers and info-graphics
- 5+ years business experience leading a team and research pipelines. Previous experience at research firms. “Moor Insights and Strategy” and “CB Insights” are examples of similar data driven high tech research firms.
- Startup / scrappy mindset
- Strong writing experience, particularly business research
- Comfort in private and public markets including public company financial metrics/ratios
- Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions and predictive insights
- Strong communication skills as an authority on your research when speaking with client
- Experience using leadership skills coordinating other analysts, developers, marketing reps, and executives